Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tonka Tuff

What's happened to children's entertainment? In the last few days I have been overdosing on supposed 'kid's' movies. And they don't make 'em like they used to. Take 'the Incredibles' for instance. Awesome movie. But instead of learning a lesson about the environment and admiring the pretty colours, I instead became emotionally entangled in the affair-induced marriage crisis of Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl and the lawsuit filed against Mr. Incredible for halting a desired suicide. Then there was Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events', where I was hilariously warned that "this is an excellent opportunity to walk out of the theatre, living room or airplane where this film is being shown", before being subjected to a tale about the attempted murder of three orphans, who continue to cheat the homocidal rampage of a psychotic Jim Carrey.

How are today's kids meant to grow up into wusses like me when they have such hardcore, satirical stuff to watch? I say, bring back the glory days of being a child! How could I be who I am if i didn't have all my old friends:

It's megabrain and the whole darn gang!

3 Comments:

At 12/30/2004 07:35:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

I guess the problem is that when we watched Babar again, it was about robots who go on murderous rampages. Maybe I was just too young to get the real meaning... of robots weilding knives chasing elephants.

The Twins of Destiny were really hard to find. Did you know it was originally French?

 
At 12/31/2004 09:05:00 AM, Blogger Lils and Rose said...

wow widget is only the most awesome cartoon ever! that collage really inspired me to research little kids tv shows. superted by far had the best result!
http://www.superted.tv/english/

 
At 1/01/2005 02:17:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

Texas Pete just called me an idiot for being a bad shot at a tiny bottle on that site. Now I just feel crushed.

As for web research, ever wanted to see what Wheeler would have looked like as black dude with a serious hankering for bright blue threads? http://www.turner.com/planet/static/color.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home