Tuesday, December 14, 2004

u eat shit cos yr stupid & shallow

Boring music entry. I'm sorry.
I saw brian wilson (beach boy) in concert tonight at the opera house. He was awesome! Just as ridiculously insane as expected. See, this is the tour for the album that he nearly finished making in the 60s as a reply to the beatles' Sgt. Pepper album. But then, for a song about the fire brigade, he decided that the mood would be more authentic if he set the studio on fire whilst recording it. Of course, the studio burnt down and he was carted off to the looney asylum. But now he's back. The show was awesome, complete with 14-piece band, giant vegetable props (for a song about vegetables...), flashing fire sirens and fire brigade hats (once again to set the mood for the song... luckily the opera house was made of concrete or we'd all be burnt by now). At one point, Wilson yelled "ok... go!" and all the band members pulled out various pieces of hardware appliances, such as saws, hammers and wrenches, and proceeded to have a renovation-noise jam session for a few minutes. The highlight was when Wilson got up and played the bass for a medley of rad beach boys classics ('I get around', 'surfin' usa', and my favourite, 'fun, fun, fun') all in a row. Sure, he fell over with the bass and nearly died, simply because he can't actually move a bone in his body, but he was AWESOME. The old people dancing around in the aisles were NOT AWESOME.


Picture interlude:


I encountered another musical hero tonight. On the train home from circlekey at 11:30pm, I noticed that the only other person sitting in the carriage was none other then Glenn Thompson (ex-custard, ex-titanics, writer of classic songs such as 'Taxi, Taxee')! Sure, he looked like he hadn't eaten or showered in 3 years, but it was cool seeing him. And then, when the train abruptly switched destinations from newtown to ashfield, we both ran out before the door closed, and had a silent 'confused and angry at cityrail' moment together. Then, since I had no money left, I had to walk home from central through Sydney Uni. Which is now run by cats. (See above).

I am seeing the Killers in Paris with Alys! Hooray! I'm excited about that.

All jokes they told were killers.

3 Comments:

At 12/14/2004 06:30:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

So you're talking about some sort of attack of the mutant sewer cats? Awesome!

I was going to have some spiel about how the cats would run usu and have a 'furball' instead of 'snowball' but then I got to the "funny" use of the word 'paws' and decided it was best for everyone if I just stopped.

 
At 12/16/2004 11:18:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

That's crazy talk!

 
At 12/17/2004 11:56:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

Awesome! It's purposeful cos' it's true.

How come "you eat bad food" takes up so many words? That's wowza.

Here let me make up a fake language:

Joff

Boff Coff Moff Zoff Boff Toff Moff Boff!!?

Doff
--------------------------------------------
Rough translation:

Hi

I hit my face I hurt my eye!!?

Bye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home