Friday, December 17, 2004

Catode Rays

Well on Wednesday I had to get a CAT (MRI) scan of my brains. Unfortunatley I spent the entire nigth before the scan looking up horror MRI stories on the internet (I'm a bit claustrophobic). Thus when I arrived for my 8:15am appointment, even 2002 Woman's Day articles about the romantic escapades of Prince Harry couldn't subdue my urge to get the fuck out of the country. The actual scan was half an hour of claustrophobic fun, simultaneously the most horrifying/relaxing thing in my entire life. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been exactly 2 minutes late back to the Edgecliff parking complex and forced to pay $10 for going over the 1.5 hour freeparking times. Anyway, now I've experienced it, I know the TRUE POWER behind CAT scans:

More realistic if you imagine a pulsing radioactive noise.
Purrfect joke, don't get catty, a good yarn, it whiskered me away, paw quality etc.
Christmas hampers are strange things. They always have products from strange food companies that you never see in the shops. Right now I am munching down upon some 'Chocolate Chip Shortbread' made by a company called 'Pure Butter'. Previously I tastetested some assorted xmas themed cookies made by 'Unibic', which is like the amalgamtion of two famous pen companies. I get the inkling that I'll regret eating them.

12 Comments:

At 12/17/2004 03:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm hamper goodness. thats actually all i have to say. hope your head is okay. i got a catscan once, twas lots of fun except the bright, flashing, twirling, rainbow-coloured lights were so captivating that i kept moving my head to keep up with them until finally the nurse came out and yelled at me (quite loudly). mmm super radiation dose. have fun overseas Alyce and Will!

Sarah

 
At 12/17/2004 03:52:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

The nurses for some reason thought my appointment was for a child. So when they called out my name they said "bring in the child". They were so upset that I wasn't a child that they just shoved me on the bench and put me in the MRI without saying much at all. Now that's the type of service I want everywhere!

Thanks, fun will most surely be had! Remember, don't watch that extended version of the blues brothers!

Too much hamper food! I just at 7 pure butters in a row...

 
At 12/17/2004 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Jean_Therapist said...

oh, they are creepy. They should only prescribe them in instances of catastophe, or possibly as punishment in the case of a feline-ey.

How are you?

 
At 12/17/2004 11:55:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Fur real.

I think I'm ok. Results on monday.

 
At 12/18/2004 05:12:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

That would be better than a PC.

Poor Cranium?

 
At 12/19/2004 06:51:00 AM, Blogger Jean_Therapist said...

Cranium is not poor. It is the best board game ever!

This is an omen.

 
At 12/19/2004 02:13:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Ah yes but what about the board game "Scattegories", which had a man with explosions in his brains on the cover?

Not a good omen!

 
At 12/20/2004 05:57:00 AM, Blogger Jean_Therapist said...

But did you play scattegories with us? No. It is only an omen if you played with us. Because we exude omen.

 
At 12/20/2004 10:37:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

Well what kind of omen was playing Headache!?

But I got the results back, and they are fine! Just migraines (I will probably get the big migraine things when I grow up, according to the Doctor). Still I'm glad I had it checked. I'm just unglad the only way of checking was with an MRI.

 
At 12/21/2004 06:52:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

I think the whole meaning of omen got sidelined for a while so we could make boardgame puns.

Hmmm... omen sounds like a tasty food treat for some reason. Maybe a honey flavoured cereal? I'm hungry!

 
At 12/21/2004 11:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i get migranes...ominous ones. they are horribly painful and something you do not want to experience EVER! good luck with that...

on a brighter note im going to bed!

Sahr

 
At 12/22/2004 12:07:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

Going to bed is so good! You shoudl close the curtains so it is on a darker note.

I hear that you can take nurofen plus for migraines. Maybe I'll even get a lifetime prescription for Panadeine Forte. Mmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home