Sunday, August 07, 2005

Labor of love

So last night, my sister/ex-boss Ruth went on a date. 'So what?' you say. She's a person, she's allowed to cast aside the shackles of bachelorettism and paint the town red. It's all true. BUT... not if that date happens to be the nephew of beloved prime minister John Howard. That's like Al Gore's daughter (a writer for futurama) dating Bob Dole. A match made in some sort of horrible poison match factory. Luckily it apparently didn't go to well.

Which is good, because Ruth's son's name is Howard. Howard Howard? Ack!

Questionable Content is a webcomic of goodness, featuring, amongst others, a character called Pintsize. Here is an image of said size from the world's best ever strip of QC™:

Apparently Pat got taped to the wall once, but he didn't stick around long enough for me to see it.

Anyway, the point of all this is that yesterday I was at an Aboriginal art opening to scope out some works for my uni assignment. It was all pretty generic until I happened upon this one work that beared an uncanny (like Paul Jennings) resemblance to Pintsize:

Since a lot of Aboriginal art is interpreted from spiritual ceremonies, I wonder if this means that somewhere there is a religious following of Questionable Content... oh wait.

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 11:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will I think Protractorbeam killed your ratings oohohohohohoahohahahaoaahaha.

 
At 8/08/2005 02:21:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

It sure did! How awesome is this, soon I'll be able to post my personal hate crimes list and be sure that it would be for my eyes only!

Also, protractorbeam seems to be getting more hits then blogbeam now. The comic will have to be hatecrimes free.

 
At 8/09/2005 06:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the blog has a beam now?

 
At 8/09/2005 07:00:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

No I was just caught up in saying 'beam' in that sentence.

This reminds me of this rad episode of Johnson and Friends where Johnson got whacked out on dustmites (it was implied) and got transfixed by the beams on the roof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home