Monday, May 02, 2005

Gas power communist party

You know Degas right? He was a 19th century French artist who catered solely for the presumably booming 'ballerina' market niche. (By continously covering the same subject area, you could say he painted himself into a corner... or could you?). But I have discovered that his skills, contrary to popular belief, did not end at recreating girls* in funny looking shoes:

Sure he could flesh out dancers, but he could also flush out stomaches (I really tried hard to think up something smarter... I even used the "internet" to find out Degasfacts for puns... nothing").

Sure, a magician at a party is hotcakes. But that's nothing compared to having the world-famous Manpower Australia perform at your digs. I mean, if they aren't just the hottest act in town. But, like Degas, it would seem that the Manpower crew also have hidden talents. I present to you: the Manpower real estate company.

They absolutely guarantee you a special flexible lease price... babyoilbicepcowboyhatbootscootin.

Also, this coaster was bought at a garage sale on Church street a few weeks ago:

Finally, hardcore proof of Communist China's top secret 'flying kungfu tennis-shorts-squat-boy" hypnosis method.

And finally, the other morning I found that my towel had somehow magically rearranged itself in my box of vinyls to create this effect on Bloc Party:

It's indeed a housewarming party idea from the gods!

NEW: And just to gloat:

Pronounciation keys: Manet (pronounced like a South African saying "minute"), Monet (pronounced like some of monitor, ie: monet-or), Millet (pronounced like some of militant, ie: millet-nt), Courbet (pronounced like a South African beginning to say "corgi", but only managing "cor" before he gets hit in the head with a aerobie, ie: "cor-BTT!").

*I know that not all ballerinas are girls. Perhaps I know this more than anyone... not that mum made me do after-school ballet lessons when I was 8 or anything. And not that I was the only boy in the ballet class, thus causing major disruptions to the planned games of "princesses and fairies"...

3 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 11:18:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Destroy all non-Manets.

I've been trying to update 3 times a week, like the good old days, but things are happening. Once things stop happening, and I get my props working, things will be flow in a style similar to that of a masterful emcee floating in a canoe on a Perrier Mountain waterfall.

 
At 5/03/2005 01:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you prefer the jumping guys to the bicyle line?

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

 
At 5/03/2005 02:53:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

I like the way tennis boy flys vicariously through chinese air space.

Sure it was a wanky post brydie, but you know what they say about pictures being worth more than words... I definitley outclassed out with the new photo at the end. HAH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home