Monday, May 02, 2005

Gas power communist party

You know Degas right? He was a 19th century French artist who catered solely for the presumably booming 'ballerina' market niche. (By continously covering the same subject area, you could say he painted himself into a corner... or could you?). But I have discovered that his skills, contrary to popular belief, did not end at recreating girls* in funny looking shoes:

Sure he could flesh out dancers, but he could also flush out stomaches (I really tried hard to think up something smarter... I even used the "internet" to find out Degasfacts for puns... nothing").

Sure, a magician at a party is hotcakes. But that's nothing compared to having the world-famous Manpower Australia perform at your digs. I mean, if they aren't just the hottest act in town. But, like Degas, it would seem that the Manpower crew also have hidden talents. I present to you: the Manpower real estate company.

They absolutely guarantee you a special flexible lease price... babyoilbicepcowboyhatbootscootin.

Also, this coaster was bought at a garage sale on Church street a few weeks ago:

Finally, hardcore proof of Communist China's top secret 'flying kungfu tennis-shorts-squat-boy" hypnosis method.

And finally, the other morning I found that my towel had somehow magically rearranged itself in my box of vinyls to create this effect on Bloc Party:

It's indeed a housewarming party idea from the gods!

NEW: And just to gloat:

Pronounciation keys: Manet (pronounced like a South African saying "minute"), Monet (pronounced like some of monitor, ie: monet-or), Millet (pronounced like some of militant, ie: millet-nt), Courbet (pronounced like a South African beginning to say "corgi", but only managing "cor" before he gets hit in the head with a aerobie, ie: "cor-BTT!").

*I know that not all ballerinas are girls. Perhaps I know this more than anyone... not that mum made me do after-school ballet lessons when I was 8 or anything. And not that I was the only boy in the ballet class, thus causing major disruptions to the planned games of "princesses and fairies"...

5 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 08:26:00 PM, Blogger Francomalaisienne said...

Aaah, my "daily" dose of the Will power blog. To be consumed after every meal, before bedtime and during your very insomnic moment.

*degas's not really my favourite french artisit. Paul Cezanne's one of my favourite artiste fran├žais though!

 
At 5/02/2005 11:18:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Destroy all non-Manets.

I've been trying to update 3 times a week, like the good old days, but things are happening. Once things stop happening, and I get my props working, things will be flow in a style similar to that of a masterful emcee floating in a canoe on a Perrier Mountain waterfall.

 
At 5/03/2005 01:10:00 PM, Anonymous pat said...

you prefer the jumping guys to the bicyle line?

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

 
At 5/03/2005 01:34:00 PM, Blogger brydie said...

what are you complaining about?
all the boys in my ballet classes were treated like kings and always given the best solos...

and it must have improved your french, which is tres important, n'est-ce pas?
when you were in paris you could tell the doctor if you had the plies after scubaing in the seine (if you weren't dead), comment on the pas de (stray) chat (and then avoid it) and arabesque to keep a firm hold whilst on the metro

the wankiness of my own post is causing my head to fouette...quick, someone move into attitude and kick me on your way up...

ps. i'm in aggreement on the manet front...in the ballet that is french art, he's definitely le danseur...

 
At 5/03/2005 02:53:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

I like the way tennis boy flys vicariously through chinese air space.

Sure it was a wanky post brydie, but you know what they say about pictures being worth more than words... I definitley outclassed out with the new photo at the end. HAH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home