Saturday, October 09, 2004

Obsessed with SARS prevention

9 months ago I began compiling, for no particular reason, a list of homograms. Basically, these are words which have two different pronounciations. It drove me to the brink of insanity, there were many nights when I just lay there going through all the words I knew to see if they could have more than one pronounciation. I even managed to get a few other people to break themselves searching for them. And now, I present you with the results. Have fun and see which pronounciation you instinctivley choose first, given that all words are free of any context:

Can you think of any more? If so, you are awesome!


Last night was Sum 41 night! They were rad, and rocked about as hard as people who hadn't slept for three days could possibly manage. There was even time for their 80s Hair Metal alter egos to make an appearance. I was the oldest person there... in fact, the sum of everyone else's age there was probably 41. Also I had a gut feeling that somebody headbutted me in the stomach. But I still managed to take an awesome photo. (If by awesome I mean that it is not a blur or a picture of someone's hand, which seem to make up most of my concert photos).

Also, look at this crazy site where a nerd actualises crazy emotions that are sent to him via email. Election today. The world is fucked.

12 Comments:

At 10/11/2004 05:34:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/11/2004 11:01:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Hey I have one. "Used".

I should stop playing my own game.

 
At 10/12/2004 12:26:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/12/2004 05:52:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

BASS!

Wow this has become a sad little area for me to write down new words. I like it.

 
At 10/12/2004 07:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA

I'M IN YOUR CORNER WILL

AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT

NOTHING, THAT'S WHAT

(short of deleting my comment, thereby removing me from yr corner)

-pat

 
At 10/16/2004 12:15:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

PATSUCX

 
At 10/16/2004 06:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

will i am dying

how are there 2 ways to say number!?!?!

im making up ways to say number that arent ways to say number!!!

nombah
nurmburr
numnuts
sgumption

 
At 10/18/2004 04:28:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Warm toilet seats are worse than warm train seats. You know what I'm talking about Scott. You know it. Set the house on fire and then eat a cookie sandwich while sitting on a cat that has a lice problem because you know it so bad Scott.

 
At 10/26/2004 07:26:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

graduate!!!!

 
At 8/30/2006 12:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing as your picture file is not loading, I'm going to have to take a stab in the dark:

"Wound"

 
At 8/30/2006 03:21:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

Man, damn ISP shutting down my old ftp service.

Yes, "wound"! Also, um... "present"...

 
At 9/14/2006 12:22:00 AM, Blogger conditionals said...

Graduate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home