Friday, March 10, 2006

Ipecac or Die

I appreciate subtle humour. Wordplay, clever satire, topical digs, and the occasional pun even. But... there's only one thing that will make me cry with laughter until my face hurts and I have to call the hernia doctor, and that's prolonged-vomit humour. I know it's wrong, and I try to hide it, but these stupid TV shows keep on serving me up more. Many of the shows/movies you know and love have participated in prolonged-vomit humour: Futurama, South Park, Little Britain and especially Team America (Ed: classy list you've got going there).

But just tonight I saw the one which took the cake. I nearly fainted. I swear no blood vessels went unbursted. I guess I should have known that the Family Guy, king of all 'overstay-their-welcome' jokes, would eventually scrape the barrel... I should have prepared myself. My poor face.

Anyway, I have made a little quicktime mov of the scene, in which Peter, Brian, Stewie and Chris each down a bottle of Ipecac, for you to watch, just to see if you have the same reaction. Or maybe I should be sent to prison or something.* Click to watch:

Hold my ears...

*
but sucks to you cos I would totally be able to bust out with my overhead projector.

2 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Sadly, I love vomit-houmour too. I think Scary Movie 3 was the longest vomit scene I have ever seen.

 
At 3/13/2006 10:26:00 PM, Blogger conditionals said...

Glad to see that I'm not alone... I'm just worried about what happens when the vomit-comedy offered to me by TV and movies just isn't enough.

Will I be like one of those guys who goes from dope to heroin to bungee jumping in search of a better high? Will I be pining for documentaries on bulemia?

Argh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home